Friday, November 30, 2007
5 Random Facts about myself...............
1. I played the snare drum in my high school band.
2. I was married at the age of 17.
3. I will be celebrating my 31st wedding anniversary on New Year's Day. What a big mistake that was, picking that date to get married! I bet you can guess what my hubby does all day long........every year.......on our anniversary? Can we say FOOTBALL? And I get to fix sauerkraut and pork with mashed potatoes................LOL!
4. My mom married a man who came from a family with 3 sons. I married a man that came from a family with 3 sons. My daughter "almost" married a man that came from a family with 3 sons.....lol
5. I have never been on an airplane my entire life...............but that is about to change come this April, when I will fly to California from Ohio with some very dear friends of mine. Then, we will meet up with some more dear friends from my Ebay group Pfatt to have what we call a Pfatt Fest! It will be our third one. I can't wait to meet some of my fellow sisters who I only know from chatting with on the internet. We are going to have THE best time of our lives! I'm counting the days!!!!!!!!! =o)
Now I need to tag 5 friends................
Here are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Thursday, November 22, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
I hope that if you live in the area of Tuscarawas County in Ohio that you can stop by the Union Hospital Auxiliary's Tree Festival which is held at Arther's Carvings in Dover,OH. The festival runs from Nov. 10th-18th from 11:00am to 8:00pm daily. Over the years, Warther’s Christmas Tree Festival has raised more than $100,000 for the Union Hospital Auxiliary, which in turn, donates money to Union Hospital for the purchase of patient care equipment. So, if you get a chance to stop over there, please do. The trees will be on sale the entire week and you can also vote on your favorite large and small tree. This is a wonderful way to make a donation to the hospital and get a beautiful tree too!
Our tree features hand made paper moravian stars dipped in wax, moravian candles in little clip on holders, my hand stitched tags and chenille candy canes hung with little rusty wire hangers w/ rusty jingle bells, little rusty stars, a popcorn and berry garland, and my little santa tree topper cone. We painted the grapevine laundry basket black and there is an old tattered lime green and white quilt tucked inside the basket. We also included a bottle of Pines & Pears room spray to make it smell yummy! And oh! I almost forgot! I made the silicone dipped lights dusted with cinnamon............
and then there is the icing on the cake..........Joyce's gorgeous snowgirl sitting in the hand made child's rocker, holding one of our bobbin lights with a silicone star bullb. You should have seen Joycee down on the floor sewing the last finishing touches on her dolly. I should have taken a picture of her! Darn it! Thanks so much for doing this with us Joyce! Your snowgirl just MAKES this tree! Without her, it would be just a poor little lonely tree........................
And if you do happen to stop by..............please vote for our tree! =o)
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Isn't she just the prettiest thing you've ever seen? This little sweetheart is the first snowgirl of the season for my friend Joyce Stahl of Enchanted Productions! I fell in love with this adorable little dollie when Joyce walked into the shoppe with her! She is just precious with all the vintage touches that she put on her! From the little pink glass ornie hanging from her polka dotted hat to the little glass cottage ornie she's holding in her hand! She's listed on EBay for anyone that wants to stop over and take a peek or place a bid.................
Saturday, November 3, 2007
My very good friend Christy Meyers of Ccswhimsies has signed on with the Ashton Drake Co. as a licensed artist to make her amazing whimisies into Wizard of Oz ornaments! I am so very proud of you and all that you have accomplished in the few short years that I have known you! I have loved your creations since the very first time I laid my eyes on them! You are such an inspiration to me and all the other sisters! We all love you very much! You go girlfriend! =o)
Make sure you order yours today!!!!! Just click on the link below........
Friday, November 2, 2007
My good friend Sandy (Samiamcreations) designed for me this adorable "Objet d'art" necklace with the picture of my granddaughter Jadyn, the one that I simply love and have posted here in my blog. I simply ADORE it and will treasure it for years and years to come! She and my other dear friend Christy Meyers (Ccswhimies) took some classes at Art & Soul in Portland, Oregon and she learned how to create these adorable little pieces of art!
Sandy is having a FREE giveaway on her blog for an adorable Objet d'art necklace that she created! All you have to do is go visit her blog and leave a comment to sign up!!! The contest ends Tuesday Nov. 7th..........So HURRY! QUICK! Run over there right now for a chance to win! And Good Luck! =o)
Just click on the link below..............