Vintage Palette Art Creations


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.

Monday, July 7, 2008

Let's Celebrate! HaPpY 4th of July!

Well, this past weekend was a busy one for me. I help with our community 4th of July Festival and we had events held on the 3rd, 4th and 5th. Our fireworks were on the 5th and we had a huge crowd on hand to view them! We let off our fireworks in time to music, so it really makes them special to see them and listen to the songs that are picked out especially to go with them. This year was bittersweet, as the man who has let off our fireworks for the past 30 years passed away unexpectedly this past spring, along with another man that had helped him for many years. We also lost another man that has been a part of our parade with his group, the Ohio horse drawn wagon train, for as long as I can remember. So, we weren't sure what we were going to do after losing all these great men, but we all pulled together and made this happen. We did it especially for them and to celebrate the 4th of July and their lives too! The food out there was so yummy!!!! I could have had one of everything there! Jadyn had to get the ice cream on a stick with sprinkles.....of course!


She was still too little to go on the rides and the huge inflatable slide and the inflatable jumping tent...maybe next year. She loved the playing on the parks equipment though, especially the spiral slide.



She must have went down that thing at least two dozen times. My niece Hallie is the one that you can see with the cast on her arm. She just loves Jadyn and went with her every time to make sure she didn't fall and get hurt with all the kids that were playing on there.


The fireworks were another story.....she is scared to death of them. As soon as the first one went off....she started screaming at the top of her lungs............"Take me home mommmy! Hold me, don't put me down!" I sure hope she likes them next year and I'm buying her some earplugs to wear.............LOL! Here's two short videos that I made of part of the grand finale.........ENJOY!



8 comments:

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

Lori,
Wow, the video are wonderful and thank you for sharing!!! Glad to see Jadyn enjoying the slide so much...it makes for the best memories, doesn't it!! Sorry she didn't like the fireworks this year but you are right, maybe next year.
Thanks for stopping by!!
Laurie

Paul Sears said...

cute pics & so funny that she's feeling out the world, trying things for the first time yet scared of the fireworks... We're thinking about having kids soon, so it's great to read stories & see pics from other parents.

Tina said...

That little grandgirl is just the cutest chicky.
I miss those fireworks in Gnaden. My daughter went this year and loved them
T

Sam I Am said...

awwww Nana~~~ she's growing up before our eyes...getting so tall already!!! :)
How sweet... :)
xoxoxox

Kingfisher Farm said...

Lori that girl gets sweeter and sweeter! What a happy kid! Pam

vintagepaletteart said...

Thanks girls!

Tina, you should have come home for them too! I didn't see Christina but there were so many people out there! I was sitting at the festival t-shirt booth all day and night! lol

Paul, you will have so much fun when you have kids and you will go totally crazy with your camera taking pics! Good Luck!

Kristen Beason said...

Hi Lori,
Cute pictures!!! I just nominated you for a blog award, so please check my blog for the details, details, details...

Kristen

vintagepaletteart said...

On my way Kristen.........and Thank You! =D

*Lori